Top 35+ WordPress Resources in One Place
The main reason behind the huge popularity WordPress has been enjoying for years now is the fact it is a powerful and robust, yet easy to use content management system. It powers more than one-third of all websites on the web and is still free and available for everyone willing to learn.
Thanks to it, you can create your website all by yourself. If you are wondering where and how to start, look no more. We came up with an overview of all the things you need to know to create a functional site for any purpose WordPress Resources.
The idea of this list is to serve as your starting point for research when you decide to create your website. It is a map that will help you find your way through the forest of various.
The first step towards building a quality website is to learn all the WP essentials. You need to understand how it works, what are its advantages as well as its limits. Luckily, there are plenty of online resources. It all depends on how motivated you are to learn. If you enjoy researching new subjects, learning WordPress on your own will be a real treat. Here are some of the best places to start:
- WPKlik is a beginner-friendly platform that offers a comprehensive database about everything WP related in the form of tutorials, articles, videos, and tips created by WP enthusiasts.
- Valuable professional insights about WordPress uses, tools, themes, plugins, addons, design, and online marketing are shared with you in Qode Interactive Magazine.
- WordPress Tavern covers all the projects under the Automattic umbrella, the company that stands behind WordPress.
- To learn and keep pace with all the innovations, be sure to follow the WordPress Blog.
- Just as its name suggests, WPBeginner is the go-to platform for all WP beginners who need simple and concise answers about all the aspects of WordPress.
- From the basics of WordPress to web design, you’ll find plenty of WP related online courses on Udemy.
Good hosting guarantees smooth and fast performance of your website, which, in turn, guarantees good traffic, good ranking and even good sales. Compare and think thoroughly, this is not a decision you make on a whim. All the hosting services on this list include a free SSL certificate and a one-click WP installation.
- Bluehost – a big brand officially recommended by WordPress, the most frequent choice for small businesses.
- DreamHost – comes with a free domain and makes your website 200% faster.
- SiteGround – also officially recommended by WordPress, takes pride in the top-notch support.
- HostGator – reliable and customer-friendly, offers 99.9% uptime guarantee and flexible billing periods.
- Tsohost – features practical cPanel (admin panel) and unlimited bandwidth.
You don’t need any coding knowledge to create, customize, and edit your website’s layout, but you do need to know which page builder is the best option for you. All the page builders on this list are easy to use, drag-and-drop builders:
- Elementor – simple and powerful live page builder with tons of ready to use templates.
- WPBakery – intuitive, easy to use page builder that comes with built-in skin builder, template library, and advanced grid builder.
- Page Builder by SiteOrigin – fully functional, entirely free drag-and-drop page builder with a handy history tool, might seem a bit challenging for total beginners though.
- Divi – visual drag-and-drop editor includes 46 content modules that you can arrange in three section types and 20 row types.
- Beaver Builder – extremely fast, versatile, and beginner-friendly, also lets you add a variety of elements such as backgrounds, carousels, buttons, and similar.
A good choice of a WP theme is one of the most deciding factors for your website’s success. Take time to learn about the theme author and quality. You should also know the best places to look for a theme:
- ThemeForest – offers a wide choice of cheap, affordable, and luxury themes while the reviews, ratings, and comments that are available for every theme make it easier for you to decide.
- Qode Interactive – provides proven quality, unique top-notch design, and beginner-friendly templates for literally every niche you can imagine.
- WordPress.org – the biggest collection of free, beginner-friendly themes that passed the rigorous WP review process.
- Elegant Themes – the company that stands behind the famous Divi builder also offers a range of quality WP themes for a variety of niches.
- Modern and clean design along with an attractive pricing model make Tesla Themes a great resource of WP themes.
If you are planning to sell any kind of product on your website, you’ll need an appropriate eCommerce plugin to help you set up a functional online store. E-commerce plugins come with different functionalities so do your homework and analyze their features before you make the final choice:
- WooCommerce suits websites of all sizes and can easily grow with your site as the product range expands, offering plenty of features within the free version.
- If you need an all-in-one solution with a variety of useful features, BigCommerce offers all the essential tools built into its basic version.
- Easy Digital Downloads is an excellent choice for selling digital goods with plenty of extensions that make it easy for you to customize the store content and functionalities. It offers four pricing plans with no free version.
- WP Shopify is a free, easy to use, cloud-hosted solution for quickly setting up a functional online store that also offers a pro version with more advanced functionalities.
- Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart allows you to either embed your products on another site or create a basic standalone site, using Ecwid’s ‘Instant Site’ feature. Also offers a free version with just enough features to start selling.
- WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart is another free, beginner-friendly solution that can turn any website into a fully functional online store. Comes with a handy feature that allows you to add an ‘Add to Cart’ button on any post or page.
WP security is an issue of huge importance. To gain a deeper understanding of why it is so, feel free to read our detailed guide on the top security plugins. Here we give you a brief outline of the four most popular among them:
- Sucuri Security – Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening the free version offers powerful basic website protection while the paid version has a very useful feature – DNS level firewall with CDN that boosts your site’s speed and performance.
- All In One – WP Security & Firewall is a completely free, highly effective beginner-friendly plugin with an amazing multitude of useful features.
- Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan is efficient both against malware and spam. The paid version is an excellent choice for developers as it offers discounts on signups for multiple site keys.
- Astra WordPress Security is an all-in-one tool, probably the most comprehensive security solution that is easy to use and install.
Your website’s loading speed is one of the things that make your visitors stay or leave. Considering how short our attention span is, having a fast loading site is a huge advantage. For more details about this issue, read our list of plugins to increase speed in WP, while below you’ll find a brief overview of the best plugins that can help you achieve optimal loading speed:
- Autoptimize – provides a configuration tailored to your site and improves page load speed mainly by deleting unnecessary newline characters and white spaces while also minimizing assets such as HTML and similar.
- Shortpixel – focuses on compressing and resizing images and removing EXIF data.
- Clearfy – while removing query strings this tool also offers more than 50 additional functions that you can turn on and off as you need them.
- Perfmatters – a beginner-friendly solution made to be compatible with your caching plugin.
SEO is the backbone of any online business. It improves user experience and helps you get noticed both by people and search engines. Even the smallest improvements can have a significant impact on your site’s ranking. It is worth learning more about this constantly developing field. For a detailed description, you can read our article about top WP SEO plugins, and here we listed some of the best ones with their distinct advantages:
- Yoast – currently regarded as the best SEO plugin there is, makes sure Google indexes your website along with plenty of other useful features. Plus, it is free.
- All in One SEO Pack – reliable and efficient plugin that includes free SEO integration with WooCommerce plugin.
- The SEO Framework – top-rated tool that comes preconfigured and blends easily in your WP environment.
We hope we made it easier for you to enter the marvelous world of WordPress and start the adventure of creating your website. Take time to learn and make informed decisions. It will all seem much simpler after you make the first step. If you feel extra inspired, you can also design your website by yourself, there are plenty of resources for that too.
We hope this article was helpful. If you liked it, feel free to check out some of these articles as well!