How to Create a WooCommerce Grouped Product in WordPress
Thanks to numerous practical features, everyone can install WooCommerce plugin, add products to your website or create tags and categories. For those more skilled in coding, there is also an option for WooCommerce code editing. But what can be really useful for both customers and sellers is organizing products in groups.
Grouped products are one of the many great options that WooCommerce comes with. Basically, this is a feature that allows you to showcase similar, related products on a single page but still sell them separately. Your visitors will appreciate this a lot as it will enable them to find and purchase the products from a range (or several ranges) on one page only. It may take you some time to set up a grouped product, but you should keep in mind the fact that, by displaying different variations of a product or items that are alike on the same page, you can actually invite your visitors to make additional purchases.
Our step-by-step guide is easy to follow and it will teach you just how to create a WooCommerce grouped product in WordPress. Assuming, of course, you have already successfully installed the WooCommerce plugin to your WordPress site.
- To start creating a grouped product, go to your user dashboard. From the menu select Products > Add New
- The next thing you should do is enter a title for the grouped product. You can do that by typing in the chosen name in the designated box
- Scroll down a bit and from the Product data dropdown select Grouped product
- You will notice that some fields have disappeared and that tabs for settings have changed. This product will be the ‘parent’ product to other items that you will later add to the group
- Click the Publish button
- You can put description, set featured and gallery images, add tags and categories for your grouped product (just as you would for a single product)
- Now you can create and add new products (choose any type) that will basically appear as the ‘children’ products of the group and of the ‘parent’ product. When finished, head back to the grouped product settings and click the Linked Products tab
- In the Group products field start typing the name of your product and select it from the list
- Once you have added all the products you wanted, drag and drop them to rearrange them and to modify the way you want them to appear in the group
- Once you are done with reordering the products, press Update and check out the product page live
Linking Single Products Together
- If you wish to link individual products together, go to the Single product page of the product you wish to add and click the Linked Products tab
- Here you can choose how your products will be related by adding Upsells or Cross-sells. This is something that can greatly benefit your business and increase your revenue.
Upsells are basically more expensive, higher-end products than the ones your customer has viewed. You can recommend them and encourage customers to make a purchase as the high-quality products might better fulfill their needs. Upsells are displayed on the product page.
Cross-sells are the products that complement the originally chosen item and are always promoted on the cart page.
When offering upsells and cross-sells just pay attention that they make sense so as not to frustrate your customers by suggesting them something completely unrelated to their purchase.
We hope this article was helpful. If you liked it, feel free to check out some of these articles as well!